Ongoing clinical supervision for practitioners is an essential ingredient of effective counselling and psychotherapy – both in terms of maintaining ethical practice and safeguarding you and your clients. I have been supervising qualified counsellors and those in training since 2006.
I provide supervision in accordance with the BACP ethical framework and offer a safe, supportive, challenging and creative space to explore your client work.
Key areas include:
- Assessment and evaluation
- Direction of the work (including periods of ‘stuckness’)
- Awareness of and reflection on the counselling process
- Maintaining appropriate boundaries and professional ethics
- Working with dynamics in the therapeutic relationship
- Safeguarding issues
I work with supervisees of all different modalities and am an approved supervisor with the University of Salford.
I charge £40 for an initial consultation (lasting 50 minutes) so we can see if it feels like a good fit for us to work together. My fees are £75 per 1.5 hour supervision session thereafter. Reduced fees may be available for supervisees in training, so please feel free to contact me to discuss.